Monday, May 23, 2011

Nothing left but crumbs

Funny story about Easton. I am a YW leader. Here are some of my YW hard at work making cookies for our camp fundraiser. We're doing a 3 week bake sale featuring a different item every week. Two weeks ago we made 170 cinnamon rolls & last week we made 96 jumbo cookies.


One person in our ward was out of town last week, so I made one batch of cookies on Saturday night (so I could bring them to church yesterday). I put the plate on our kitchen table (all wrapped up), so I would'nt forgot to take it to church. I sat Easton down for breakfast. I went to grab him more food & when I came back this is what I saw. He moved the Saran Wrap & helped himself to a cookie. Not much left besides crumbs (bottom left of the picture)!
I was so mad I woke Justin up with my yelling. I was just so sick of baking, I was sick, oh & the Band-Aid on Easton's forehead is to cover the puncture wound he got the night before. I was just in a bad mood! I made another batch before 11 AM church & by the time we left I was laughing about it!

One more thing. While I was making the cookies Easton splattered his applesauce all over the wall. He found it a lot funnier then I did!



Anyway, we got so much rain last week. Here are my pants one day just walking about 15 steps from my car into our apartment building. I was soaked!
As you can see the bottom of my pants were soaked!
This week is supposed to have a little less rain, but it will be hot & muggy instead. Oh well! Our pool will open Saturday, so I that will help.

6 comments:

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry you had to make another batch. These kids can frustrated us so much some days! Glad he enjoyed his cookie and applesauce. =)

Jami said...

That sounds like the girls.we have the rain too. If it isn't raining, it is so humid you don't want to do anything.

Jalei & Lane said...

Oh what a mess Easton is! He definitely keeps your hands full I'm sure. About the Rain Forest Cafe...it is over priced. We got the appetizer sampler which was good & the guacamole burger which was good as well.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Oh man! I had a baking day like that last week--I get so tired of it, too! You have a little cookie monster!

Regina said...

Ah! Kids! He is too funny! I would have hated cleaning up that applesauce though! At least he enjoyed it! :)

Jana said...

seriously these boys are always up to something! I told brad the other day that Will was going to give me gray hair... like soon. so mad at you guys for not coming to TX this summer.