Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Well done!

We were so impressed with the Memorial Day celebration in our area. There was a parade a couple blocks from us. Though you can't tell from the picture below, Easton loved it. He was waving to all the firemen & grabbing for the candy that was thrown from them. He was crying in this picture b/c I was holding him in my lap & he was trying to break free to grab some candy.
Old restored truck that Justin liked
What impressed us the most was after the parade. The whole crowd sung the national anthem & a military officers told stories of soldiers & talked about the real purpose of Memorial Day.
The area looked so beautiful. I have never seen so many American Flags! The day's festivities were so well done!

It was 94 degrees with like 90% humidity, so we had to go to our pool to cool off! Easton was in heaven!

After the pool we enjoyed a BBQ with friends! We had a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Jami said...

That is so neat. You guys are lucky to have so many great activities around.

Mallory said...

Okay first off I am so jealous you had such warm weather. Seriously jealous. Second all I love that Easton is crying because you are holding him and he wanted to go get more candy. I am glad I am not the only one who has a kid that is food driven. Anyway I am glad you had a great memorial day!

Kerry said...

That sounds awesome!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

That splashing picture is so cool!!

And it's good to know that people still know how to be patriotic somewhere!! Glad you guys had such a good time!

Jalei & Lane said...

So fun! I can't wait til we get to go swimming!

The Anglesey Family said...

Wow...The weather looks amazing! I love E's swim wear!