Monday, October 24, 2011

A trip for the history books

I was lucky enough to have my grandparents, my aunt, and 2 cousins come to visit last week. None of them had been to Philly before, so I gave them a city tour and here are some of the highlights.

My cousin, Mallory, and myself in front of Genos steaks
Here we are at Valley forge near the house George and Martha Washington stayed in.

This is the only picture with either of my grandparents, so I posted it to show they were in fact here.
We also went to New York. Here we are in Times Square. We ate ate a lot! Katz Deli, the Doughnut Plant, Lombardi's pizza (first pizzeria in America). It was all delicious!
We stopped at "Rice to Riches" too b/c we saw it in Soho and recognized it from the movie "Hitch"

Here we are at the Philly Art Museum on the "Rocky steps" and below with the Rocky statue. We also saw the Liberty Bell, toured Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, and saw Ben Franklin's grave.

We all had a great time! A big thank you to all of them for coming and to Tiffany who had to drive up

6 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow... you would be the perfect tour guide!! How fun to have family come visit! Looks like fun!

Jami said...

I'm so glad your family got to visit. It looks like you had lots of fun.

mini-wheats said...

Wow! You did a lot in one week! Thats so fun! I'm glad you got to spend time with family!

The Anglesey Family said...

Oh my gosh....I had sooo much fun! I want to go up again!!!! Especially before you move! It was sooo nice to see you and the family!!!!

Regina said...

I would LOVE to do all those things!! Enjoy it all while you are up there!

Mallory said...

What a fun looking trip! And I think it is cool you have a cousin named Mallory =) This blog post seriously makes me want to go back east and eat tons of yummy food!