Thursday, October 13, 2011

My kid is a monster!

Easton has been a monster for much of the past year. He has had several problems with his shunt and all the pressure in his head causes him to be very irritable and sometimes intolerable. As one of his doctors put it, "shunt problems make a good boy turn into the devil." He has had a tough year full of surgeries, plenty of CAT scans and way too many doctor appointments. The good news is that that the shunt is now working and is on the right setting for him, so we are hoping for a healthy year!
Easton turned two last week and the theme for his birthday party was "Terrible Twos," so everything was decorated with monsters. We had the party with one of Easton's friends who is just a few days younger then him.
We had several games for the kids at the party to do. Above is "Color in the Monsters"
This one is pin the eye on the monster. The other kids were blindfolded, but Easton didn't like the blindfold.
Monster Bowling
Monster Cupcakes
Here are Easton and Jax. The Birthday boys about to eat their cupcakes.
Monster sandwiches

monster mouths
Apples with a cream cheese & brown sugar filling with slivered almonds as the teeth.
Delicious punch! We also had monster cheese balls (so good)!
Some of our party guests.
Here we are, the hosts after the successful party! By the way Charise, we didn't take pictures of the food, so I copied a few pictures from your blog. Thanks!

We also did a small party at our house when Easton opened presents. Here is the Super Why cake I made him. It didn't turn out great, but he didn't seem to mind. All in all, our little monster had a great 2nd birthday!

9 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Wow! What a fun party! I'm impressed with all the details! Happy Birthday Easton!

The Sabatini Family said...

Happy Birthday Easton! What a cute party!! Love it!!

Mallory said...

What a super fun looking party. I am sorry it has been a rough year and I hope 2-3 goes MUCH better.

Megan said...

I cannot believe he is 2! Wow, I remember when you guys were calling us to help get Justin to the hospital!

Jami said...

It looks like he had a great birthday. That is the cutest theme.

Molly Rivera said...

Good Job Jaymie! I didn't know that Easton has health problems. He looks like an adorable, healthy boy to me, so I hope everything continues to go well. Party looked awesome.

Jalei & Lane said...

I love your theme & all the games you did. Sounds like a successful party!

The Anglesey Family said...

What cute party! Gosh....I did not even realize he turned 2! I wish I would have brought him a gift! I feel sooo tacky!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!

Jana said...

amazing party! we're so glad Easton is doing better. we think about him a lot. he is so freaking cute. how about you guys move to TX? that would make my life complete!!