Saturday, July 23, 2011

That was so 4 weeks ago


I'm a little behind on blogging. We took a day trip to DC about 4 weeks ago and I never posted about it, so here are the highlights.
First, we went to the National Zoo. So nice because it's free and we got street parking as opposed to around a $50 zoo trip in Philly for the three of us.
Next we went to Ford's Theater where President Lincoln was shot. It was very nice on the inside and they still show plays there. The picture below shows the box where Lincoln was shot.
We learned a lot of facts about the night Lincoln was shot and I found the tour very interesting.

Lincoln was actually taken to the house across the street from the theater after he was shot. We couldn't go in because it was closed for repairs.
We went to a Nationals game and had a good time. On our way to the game we actually saw a "Shake Shack" which was one of our favorite places to eat when we lived near NYC a few years ago. Burgers and cheese fries. Delicious!
Justin and Easton enjoying the game!

8 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I would love to take a tour of the Ford Theater. And I'm so jealous you got to eat at Shake Shack. Lane & I still talk about that place.

Celeste said...

Sounds like you're ready for the Annual Lincoln Dinner now. =) What a fun famiy trip.

Mallory said...

All your fun adventures makes me want to move to the east coast!

The Anglesey Family said...

Gosh! You make me want to explore our own town! I cannot wait to eat at that burger place!

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

I love your little tours! The next time we make a trip to the East coast, I'm SO asking you for the best places to visit and places to eat!!

Jami said...

Such a cutie.

Court and Britt said...

How fun to live close to so many neat places!! I can't believe how big your little guy is getting, he is soooo cute :)

Regina said...

Gosh, yall have been up to a ton of fun stuff lately!!! I am jealous! Does Justin have a lot of time off for the summer? Anyway, cute pics and I am mostly jealous of all the great food yall have been trying!