Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is Justin a Fun Guy?


Our family went to a Mushroom Festival last weekend. There is a town just outside Philly that produces 60% of the mushrooms in the U.S. It was basically a fair or carnival, but in addition to the regular carnival food there were all kinds of foods with mushrooms in them.

It was very popular! Look closely and all you can see between the tents are heads.
They had a tent showing different mushroom types and how they grow.
Some mushroom art
Read the sign
Here I am eating a mushroom ice cream bar. You have to try everything once, right? It was actually good! It tasted mostly like vanilla! I also had the most delicious mushroom mac & cheese!
For a mushroom lover like me, it was a great day!

8 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Ok that sounds awesome! I love mushrooms. I wish we had cool festivals like that around here.

mini-wheats said...

You guys crack me up! Sounds like it was fun and delicious! :)

Mallory said...

I am not going to lie I am a bit jealous because I love mushrooms. But the sign is hilarious about being a fungi.

Allison said...

I don't care for mushrooms...the most I can handle is the cream of mushroom soup. But, that festival looked like lots of fun. What a neat idea! I might of been willing to try some stuff, not sure about the ice cream though. And that sign cracked me up!

The Anglesey Family said...

I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT! Its too bad my hubby hates mushrooms! Its soo annoying....I would cook EVERYTHING with mushrooms if I could!

Jami said...

That is so neat. I hate mushrooms, but Patrick and Imogen would have loved it.

ReimFam said...

I think you guys need to leave a list of all the cool things you have done, seen, and gone to while living in Philly. That way I'll know what to do for fun once you guys are gone! You always find so many fun things to get out and do together! How do you find these things? :)

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Mushroom ice cream?! Wow!! You guys do the funnest things!